Should I buy my chicks from Meyers

Hi Mc Murray hatchery chicks were all sold out the only hatchery I trust so I heard of Meyers hatchery should I order my chicks from there without them dying pls tell me I’m nervous.
I just received 15 chicks on the 29th of Sept. from Meyers Hatchery through My Pet Chicken. I paid for Express Shipping and received them in under 24 hours from Ohio to Southeast TN. All arrived safe and healthy. These are my first baby chicks and I am very pleased with my order.

I just got 5 from them this week and all are healthy and doing great. I had only ever gotten mine straight from the farm before so I was worried about the shipping process but it worked out perfectly.

So anytime you order chicks you should be aware of how far away you are from a major postal annex. I say this because a good friend of mine is an efficiency engineer for the USPS. With the weather as it is it will be easier to get them to you okay, but you should always consider that if you are looking at a cold snap with your weather or a heat wave. Here in AZ there was a lady who was rather distant from the annex and 15 out of 15 of her chicks died the week before I was to receive mine. I am one stop from the PHX annex and received my order overnight, so even though we both bought from MPC, we had very different experiences, it really had very little to do with the hatchery. Hers took three days to get to her, mine one. I have a few friends that have ordered from Meyer, both through MPC and directly through them and they have never had issues with their chicks, they have grown to be healthy and very nice girls! Good luck! For the record, I have ordered 4 times from MPC and the worst thing that has happened was we had a sexing error which they happily credited me for, all our girls have been healthy and sweet.

So anytime you order chicks you should be aware of how far away you are from a major postal annex. I say this because a good friend of mine is an efficiency engineer for the USPS. With the weather as it is it will be easier to get them to you okay, but you should always consider that if you are looking at a cold snap with your weather or a heat wave. Here in AZ there was a lady who was rather distant from the annex and 15 out of 15 of her chicks died the week before I was to receive mine. I am one stop from the PHX annex and received my order overnight, so even though we both bought from MPC, we had very different experiences, it really had very little to do with the hatchery. Hers took three days to get to her, mine one. I have a few friends that have ordered from Meyer, both through MPC and directly through them and they have never had issues with their chicks, they have grown to be healthy and very nice girls! Good luck! For the record, I have ordered 4 times from MPC and the worst thing that has happened was we had a sexing error which they happily credited me for, all our girls have been healthy and sweet.
can i still get them if i live far away if they ship them will they die

Back
Top Bottom