Should I Buy These Seramas?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Coopacabana, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Coopacabana

Coopacabana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Seattle, Washington
    http://www.svfrenchbulldogs.com/

I'm thinking about the silkies mostly... do these look like good quality? I want SQ and I want to breed them. Not very confident about choosing Seramas yet, I just discovered them and now I MUST have some. These people are almost close to me.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Coopacabana

Jan 19, 2012
    Seattle, Washington
    Anybody?

3. delawarechickmom

delawarechickmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2010
    Smyrna, DE
    Hard to tell from the pictures, but make sure they are breeding for yellow legs and red earlobes. Right now the only color accepted by the ABA is white. Backs should be V shaped which is hard to tell from a photo. Print out a copy of the standard from either SCNA or ASA. Remember most people are not going to sell you their best birds. With time and effort you can breed what you want and be proud to win at shows with your birds. One of my 2 yr old boys that I sold to a 4H member just beat my favorite rooster at a show this weekend. I was sad, but proud too!! Good Luck. Donna

4. Coopacabana

Jan 19, 2012
    Seattle, Washington
    Thanks! I'm ordering a pair (pair #2 or #9, haven't decided) from junebug silkied seramas, you can see them here: http://silkiedserama.web.officelive.com/SalesShipping.aspx

and a some cocopops from oc seramas when they have some nice ones. those are both members of the scna, that's where I found them.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  5. Silkies~Polishes

Silkies~Polishes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    funny im buying from those people who own the website you mentioned first, the bulldog people!

6. Coopacabana

Jan 19, 2012
    Seattle, Washington
    Tell us how they turn out! I ordered pair #2, they are going to be so cute!

7. Silkies~Polishes

Silkies~Polishes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    oh cool! If you havnt already gone yet(i know it was about a week ago you replied to me) there are so many choices and the people who own them are very nice! Look on my profile pictures, they are the only polish and serama pictures on there. I got 1 frizzle cockerel, 1 blue pullet, and 1 each of chocolate and black pulet, of polish. They are such pretty birds, all my friends just love my frizzle and my blue pullet is very nice, hopefully ill show her if she is pretty when shes a little older. I also got two serama pullets, which are super sweet and very nice looking. Surprisingly all the chickens are very calm and tame!

8. Coopacabana

Jan 19, 2012
    Seattle, Washington
    I'm glad you had a good experience! I don't think they have quite what I'm looking for, but it's good to keep in mind!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by