Should I candle

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I set my eggs on 6/7 at about 6:30pm and I don't even have a single pip yet. Do you think it would be Ok to candle one or two of the ones that were 100% for sure alive and kicking when I closed the bator up? I'm just starting to get that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Ok I candled a couple lighter eggs and in one all I can see is the air cell this time of day and nothing else (but thought I heard a light tapping) That could have been household noises though. The other one looks like maybe it has pipped through the air cell???? The air cell is no longer a fixed shape and there is a "pointy" shadow and movement. It also looks kind of liquidy around the bird area though. Please tell me this is a good thing.
Thanks for your help.

Maybe your temps and humidity have been off so give them a day or two yet...I've had chicks hatch out on day 25 before.....

i just think its funny that with this hatch I have been so much more careful about temp and humidity control and the hatch I did at school had a lot of temp swings and no way to check humidity and they pipped on exactly day 21.

Sheesh

Back
Top Bottom