1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Should I Clip My Ducks Wings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JoshSnape, Oct 18, 2009.

1. JoshSnape

JoshSnape Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 3 khaki campbells, and I want to let them have the run of the garden. But I am petrafied that they are going to fly away as i have only had them a week. and don't know wheather, given the chance4 they would just fly away.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. lemoniee

lemoniee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    Me and my OH clipped all of our ducks wings as they were starting to run/walk around the enclosure flapping their wings as if the next stage of that would be running and taking off! wasnt an easy job though as they must have thought we were gonna put them in the oven! haahaa! they didnt seem bothered afterwards though! :eek:)

3. JoshSnape

JoshSnape Chillin' With My Peeps

Would they fly away, and can they?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. tjcschwar

tjcschwar Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    My campbells were flying out of their pen, and I felt that was too dangerous for them, so we clipped their wings. It WAS surprisingly easy and stress-free.

5. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    Maybe if they are young they could fly a little bit, not over a fence though. Once mine were adults they had heavy butts [​IMG] never tried to fly...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by