1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Should I cut some of his hair?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bestbestbuddy, Jan 23, 2007.

1. bestbestbuddy

bestbestbuddy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2007
    My chick's been in our garage which had lots of cobwebs and dust and some stuck to the hair on his head which made black strands of hair. I was to cut it off. Should I? Should I just leave it and see if it'll fix itself? He gets scared when I hold a sissor next to his face. Will it grow back? Plus he'll be moving all around and I might cu his eye out. This picture was taken 3 months ago and his hair has gotten blacker. I keep him a\\way from the garage floor now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  2. shortlegs2

shortlegs2 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    New Zealand
    bestbudy leave the silkie's hair alone, it will be fine, you said chick?? and you refer to the silkie as a he. Trust me when I tell you until it crows or lays an egg you cant tell for sure what sex a silkie is.

Toni

3. bestbestbuddy

Jan 23, 2007
    What am I suppose to call him/her? an it?

4. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    I agree with Toni just leave his hair alone & it will be fine. No need to risk hurting Corn. As far as what to call Corn that is up to you. It don't matter none to Corn anyway. If he is easy for you then by all means call Corn a he.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'd leave him alone also...If it's bothering you that much, wipe his head off with a damp papertowel or a facecloth.

6. bestbestbuddy

Jan 23, 2007
    I could try that...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by