Should I do something with eggs??????

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by crj, Feb 16, 2011.

1. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Hello, I finally have a Tom for my 2 hens. They are heritage Bronze breed. They are all under a year old. I have no idea when the girls will start laying but I'm thinking soon. I'm guessing they are close to 7 months old but like I said, it's a guess. The tom maybe a month or two earlier.

My question is....... when the girls start laying their eggs should I collect them to sell to eat? hatch by incubator by others and/or bird hatch. I live in south eastern NC and I don't know if their is a demand for these birds. I am told they are a rare breed. I'm just looking for options rather then doing nothing with the eggs. I am NPIP certified if that matters. As you can tell I am new to turkeys so any suggestions would be nice. Thanks. BTW, turkeys are way cool...... lol. I'm so glad I have them.

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

You will get more for them if you hatch them out and sell the poults, we have a local waiting list already for Bronze poults. They are popular around here. Craigslist and the Carolina Bargin trader are both good to list them.

Steve

3. crj

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Thanks Steve, maybe I will give that a try. I will have to look into Carolina Bargain trader. Never heard of it. I always like something new to check out..... hehe.

Chris

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Never heard of the CBT? Every redneck in Eastern NC gets a copy every Friday when they come out and they never get rid of them. We get calls for adds placed 3 and 4 months before from it.
    lol

Steve

5. crj

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Never heard of the CBT? Every redneck in Eastern NC gets a copy every Friday when they come out and they never get rid of them. We get calls for adds placed 3 and 4 months before from it.
    lol

Steve

You are too funny. We have the Ad Pak here. It comes out on Wed. I will have to see if we have the Carolina Trader. I'm not sure I've seen it. Is it a free paper? sold in the stores? The Ad Pak is a free paper that everyone checks out here in the Southeastern section of NC...... haha.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by