Should I do this?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Connorrm, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Connorrm

Connorrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    Meyers has their pullet pack on sale. 1.25 a check. I can get them shipped for 35 bucks total.

I only need 4 chicks (which I was gonna do a small order)....I was thinking about just ordering them anyway, putting the rest up on CL for 4 bucks each. Make back my money and get my four chicks.

What do you guys think?

2. Frizzle Farmer

Frizzle Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Calhan, CO
    Go for it! I just bought some Cochins from Privett, but to reach my minimum purchase I got 15 Ameraucanas to sell on Craigslist. Just be sure to order something that people want, like a popular breed or only pullets. Then after you resell them, your girls are paid for!

3. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:CL is a great idea. That's where I get most of my critters.

4. Connorrm

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    Yeah I'm sure it would be fine...I just don't wanna get stuck with 25 chickies [​IMG]

5. KristenRae

KristenRae Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    My friend just did this a few weeks ago... and she still has 8 left to find homes for. I think for her, it was more frustration finding homes for all the extra chicks than it was worth. But, maybe it would be different for you!

6. Connorrm

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    Hmmm, I really do want 4 new hens. I was surprised that so many people want eggs.

I could buy them local but they're SR, and welsummer. I dunno if I want them [​IMG] I'd really like something known for a little more gentleness, plus I'd really like to know I for sure have pullets XD

Maybe I just want more fuzzy butts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by