Should I do this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 7L Farm, Dec 6, 2011.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I live on a hundred acres & never had neighbors before. The land owner next to me sold out to a developer. BOO!! But such is life. Well, they put up a house & the house faces where they will be looking into my beautiful pecan orchard. The house has a beautiful view. I can ruin the view. There's about a 40 yard cleared fence line that the people would be starring through. I can put up a 40 yard 12 ft fence that will ruin the view for them. I guarantee the people will freak if I do this.
    Their thinking man this is great look at our view. Ha! Ha! The putting up the fence will block off the entire development for me.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    If you don't want to look at the new development, then put the fence up! Very simple.

3. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:I'd do it. We are in the same boat. People want to put big developments into the coutnry, and hence, destroying what makes it "the country".

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Good fences make good neighbors.

5. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:I'd do it. We are in the same boat. People want to put big developments into the coutnry, and hence, destroying what makes it "the country".

My thoughts exactly.Why, don't they stay in the city where they belong. Obviously, they want neighbors so save your money & leave us country boys & gals alone.

6. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Yup, That's how they do it in the city. They want to invade on my once peaceful life come on I can play too. Might have to get a few bids probably need to get the fence up before they move in. Nope, maybe I'll let them enjoy it for awhile & build the fence at night & keep them up all night like they did me.
    Their gonna love my new cannon that will be shot off every morning at first light in honor of our military that are the most courages folks on the planet.

7. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I like your thinker! Do it! Not just out of spite but also to get back the privacy that I'm assuming you had before [​IMG]

8. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:Yup, That's how they do it in the city. They want to invade on my once peaceful life come on I can play too. Might have to get a few bids probably need to get the fence up before they move in. Nope, maybe I'll let them enjoy it for awhile & build the fence at night & keep them up all night like they did me.
    Their gonna love my new cannon that will be shot off every morning at first light in honor of our military that are the most courages folks on the planet.

Get roosters- many, many roosters. And peacocks.

9. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I'd put the fence up or a tree line but I'd do it before they build. Maybe they'll rethink building then.

10. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Yes, your right. I now go out to my pasture & look back at my barn which I live in & see this out of place giant city house looking into my land. The nerve of this idiot. He wasn't thinking I guess. Must be something they drink in the city's water that makes them do stupid stuff. Well water is better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by