should I even bother?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DollhouseDuckie, Dec 7, 2012.

1. DollhouseDuckie

DollhouseDuckie New Egg

Aug 24, 2012
    for the first time ever I ordered some eggs (ebay/ showgirls)
    they were supposed to come with a heat pack. well the person did not put it in.
    when I got the eggs they were cold so I let them warm up(room temp)
    then gave them to my girl.I candled them same night and I noticed an air bubble floating around on two-ALL the eggs looks like there is a "watermark" around the bottom of the eggs(inside) when I opened them they were randomly placed in the box packed in peanuts all were on their sides and two eggs look chipped and really beat up.the eggs seem a bit large for silkie/showgirls eggs Ive seen a lot of silkie/showgirl eggs but these are huge

just a bit worried I got ripped off im a little ticked the heat pack was forgotten am I wasting my time? I have never dealt with eggs that did not come from my girls.. :/[​IMG][​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, you have them so why not give them a try? Hope they are what you ordered and that they are viable.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Go for it! You can actually incubate eggs from grocery store fridges. I have two growing in my incubator right now, and they're chugging right along, despite refrigeration. As long as they weren't frozen, viability isn't heavily impacted.

4. DollhouseDuckie

DollhouseDuckie New Egg

Aug 24, 2012
    Im gonna go for it:) I was just a bit concerned fingers crossed!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by