should i get a peacock

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
i have a flock of 10 9 hens 1 rooster i am thinking of getting a peahen but im not sure i dont know any thing about them are they loud will they hurt my chickens will my chicken be mean to them all tips are welcome thanks

i have a flock of 10 9 hens 1 rooster i am thinking of getting a peahen but im not sure i dont know any thing about them are they loud will they hurt my chickens will my chicken be mean to them all tips are welcome thanks
You can learn more about peafowl by reading threads in the Peafowl forum.

It is my opinion that it is not a good idea to get just a single peafowl. They need more of their own kind to properly socialize. This applies to all kinds of fowl.

would Two be enough or will they need more and are they loud will they hurt my chickens will my chickens hurt them

I've never had them, but I did live near a large piece of city of Miami owned property where they had become feral. They were very loud.

I have a flock of 10, 9 hens and 1 rooster. I am thinking of getting a peahen, but I'm not sure, I don't know anything about them. Are they loud, will they hurt my chickens, will my chicken be mean to them??? All tips are welcome, thanks.
First question would be.... do you have proper housing for them?
I do not believe they can share a coop with chickens.

I agree with @R2elk, do your research in the Peafowl forum so you know what they need.

Back
Top Bottom