should i get this incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmboydj, May 20, 2011.

1. farmboydj

farmboydj Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    puyallup wa
    this incubator is on CL and i was thinking about buying it but had to know what you guys think about it. he says it is a GQF 1266 and brand new.here is the link i would want to change it in to a chicken incubator though but what do you guys think http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/for/2393370861.html Thanks

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    That's a bargain. I would jump on it if I was closer. New they are going for anywhere from $600 up.

3. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I bought one like that for $275.oo a couple of years ago.. It is a snap to convert to chicken eggs.. You will have to have 3 brackets total..

You will have to open the back .. no big deal..

mine had predrilled holes for the supports.. make your turners as far apart as you can.. there should be aout 8 inches or so space between them.

once you have them like that, let me know.. I have some photos to send to you to show you how to almost double the capacity of the bator from 280 eggs to almost 500 eggs..

4. Smith farm

Smith farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Blum, Tx
    jvls I'd like to see those photos as well I have the same bator mine was set up for emu eggs

5. farmboydj

farmboydj Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    puyallup wa
    i got it i got them i am so happy that i decided to get them. where do i find/ get the 3 brackets and id love to know how to double my capacity and see the photos thanks

6. jvls1942

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:OK, Smith and farmboy.. PM me here and I will give you my e-mail address where you can send me an email and I can send you the pictures and information.

You must have 2 brackets in there .. right?
    If the 3rd bracket did not come with the bator, you might have to make one, or send to GQF for one..

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  7. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

where in Puyallup are you? I grew up on a farm in the valley. Off Riverroad.
    Quote:

8. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Yay for you that's the same setup I just purchased 2 weeks ago. The chicks hatch out great in the hatcher in those big metal cages. And you don't have to worry about them jumping out. Cleanup with a scrubber and dawn soap took like 10 minuets tops on it to. I just purchased egg trays off ebay for my incubator. I love my set up! I payed $700 fot 2 bators and 1 hatcher so you got a better deal! [​IMG]

9. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
  10. jvls1942

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:You still got a good deal.. that is about 1/3 the new price..

I do not know if the metal trays in the hatcher are deeper than the regular trays, but

unless you have extra deep metal trays or
    unless you have the metal trays covered, the chicks can still jump out.. trust me..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by