Should I give her up because she's noisy?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by swtamour, Sep 9, 2009.

1. swtamour

swtamour Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Silicon Valley
    I have one pullet that's noisy when she's going to lay an egg and after laying an egg. It's not all morning but I live really close to my neighbor and I'm concern. I don't want to give her up since I raised her since she was a chick. I overheard one of my neighbor talking and their teenage kids saying how loud the chickens were in the morning. I was so sad to hear that but they didn't come talk to me. I have talked to the parents before and told them to let me know if the noise is too loud for them. Should I be proactive and give her up or wait until the neighbor come to me? My other neighbor said she's ok with the noise and don't have any problems. Help me decide, thanks!

2. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would talk to the neighbor... it might just be a teen kid being a teenager... Im sure that the teen has other issues that the family will not address... for example, a bothersome sibling... the parents arent gonna get rid of the sibling...

Your neighbor may not have a problem at all.... Just let her know whats going on and that it only happens when shes laying.. She wont be laying ALL THE TIME.... I have one chicken just like that.. its a good warning system to keep an eye out for eggs...

3. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Take some eggs with you when you go talk to her. How could she not be softened up?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by