1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Should I make more of these?(Pic)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sumatra503, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    [​IMG]

This is my Serama/Cochin cross, Zip. He is about 3wks. old in this pic.

I will have eggs available if anyone's interested.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    OMG! she's adorable!! [​IMG] I would get some eggs if I didn't already have so many chickens... [​IMG]

3. Shannoniganshens

Shannoniganshens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    That is the most adorable, if it had cheeks to squeeze, AAAAAWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! It's just to cute for words!!!! I would love some, but I'm most likely to far and after reading about post office handling on eggs, I'd cry if I could of had. It's 2 cute!!!!!

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:You get the same risks from eggs as you do from chicks. And even less risks if the seller packed them right. [​IMG] I've gotten eggs from the opposite coast and had great fertility. [​IMG]

Love the little'un there, but I don't do bantams.

5. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    I'm good at packing eggs, so no worries. I don't preffer to ship chicks unless under special conditions.

I have been testing my shipping methods by doing the worst things possible to some store bought eggs. I drop them fom hights, I slam them down, I do everything to that box. None of my eggs break.

6. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    Just thought i'd talk genetics. The feathered legs and fluff from the cochin passed on and the bulky body and tail carriage of the serama passed on. I've noticed that feathered legs and leg color pass on.

7. chrisf

chrisf Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Hi, sent you PM.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by