should I or shouldn't I

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kipepeo, Sep 15, 2009.

1. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    I have the urge to order some hens from my pet chicken. Since I lost a hen yesterday that brings the total lost hens to 3 leaving 14 and I have 16 roosters. They free range and no major problems with the roos yet. I was planning on getting more next year anyway and still would get more next spring but thought I would go ahead now with some. Ok I am rambling. What I would get would be some more andalusians(4) and polish (4) for now and save cochins, duccles and buttercups or whatever else catches my fancy. Ok I will stop now. I see others getting and hatching still are there any unforseen problems?[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I say go for it!

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Do you actually think someone on this site is going to say "no you dont need more chickens?"

4. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    You came to the wrong place to be talked OUT of getting more chickens!!!! LOL [​IMG]

5. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Go for it!!! I was wanting more now but we just can't...7 is our limit. But you should defiantly order away! [​IMG]

6. kipepeo

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    Ok I did 4 andalusians, 2 buff polish 2 blue polish 1 black polish and then a surpirse for my son a $10.00 silkie for his birthday oh well better than starting in on fish which is what I was thinking of doing 1 more chick even expensive won't be a problem. Hope time continues to go by fast so Oct 5 gets here.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I think you should do the fish too, but thats just me. [​IMG]

8. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

I say do it!! You can never have too many chickens!!! wait how many roosters? ack....too many for me lol Can we say Crockpot?

If I could order more pullets and my husband wouldnt kill me I would [​IMG] I have my dream list lol poor guy [​IMG] He knows if we ever move into an agricultral zoned area he is gonna be slaving over coops for me lol

he just found out I want to raise meat chickens and quail, and get a garden started next year... and that is just here in the backyard lol Wait til he finds out about my wanting a turkey or 4, and the cow I want, and the lambs.... [​IMG]

9. kipepeo

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    Quote:yeah maybe further down the line my sister said no don't do it. Tank cleaning and all that stuff I don't know about fish that made me stope that line of research

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by