Should I order from them again?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by team edward, Feb 7, 2011.

1. team edward

team edward Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Amarillo Area
    Hi all! I ordered from Meyer hatchery this year in the first of March. The chicks arrived in May. Two chicks had twisted legs and one had a crossed beak. I paid over $100 for this order and I was given defects that should have been noticed during packing. I emailed them and they were very nice and gave me a refund. But should I order from them again? [​IMG] They do have alot of beautiful breeds, but do I want to risk getting more deformed birds?

2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Meyer is a reputable hatchery that has been in business for many years. If their customer service handled it well and you got a refund I wouldn't hesitate to order again.

3. team edward

Jul 11, 2010
    Amarillo Area
    Ok I might have to place a small order this year and see what happens! I think i'm having trouble with chicken math...... lol

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Wow. I place an order every year and have never gotten a defective chicks from Meyer. I have from Ideal and Xtreme (quite a few!) but have always gotten great chicks from Meyer.
    I guess sometimes doo-doo happens.[​IMG]

5. team edward

Jul 11, 2010
    Amarillo Area
    This was the first time I ordered from Meyer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by