Should I put garlic in the water to control worms?

I've never used garlic powder and not sure if it would be good. You can always get rid of the garlic powder by dumping some into their feed.

I use a cut up garlic clove (just sliced in half) in the waterers as it is antiviral.

Never had a problem with eggs tasting garlicky.

Are you thinking preventative? or have you seen worms?

No, fortunately I have never seen worms, but do not want them to get them. I tried the commercial-style, effective wormer last year before they started laying. Now I do not want to throw away eggs for 2 weeks when they may not have worms, anyway.

Then I wouldn't worry about worms unless you are seeing weight loss. I know some like to worm their chickens yearly or more often, but I've kept chickens for almost 15 years and wormed with a wormer twice - once the whole flock and once a single hen.

Boost their immune system with garlic cloves, in feed or water, add herbs like oregano to their feed, and throw some ACV in the water when you can (not in galvinized waterers, though).

Some parasite load is probably normal and can be handled by your chickens. I wouldn't worry about worms as much as things like lice or mites which can take a chicken down quickly.

Back
Top Bottom