should i see movement @ 17days?

NOSPRINGCHIC

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 18, 2007
DALLAS, TX
I bought the "spaceship" incubator off craig's list.
That was mistake #1. But I tried it anyway. It only holds three eggs it is a still air and you adjust the temp with aluminum foil.LOL
Anyhow, after day 7 all looked well. Day 12 could tell one was bad, but left it anyway. Yesterday was day 17. I removed 2 of the 3 after candling. One was about 4 days developed, the other maybe 13.. an entire chick-nofeathers. The last egg is about 60% black with an obvious air cell. I could see no movement though and the dark side seemed to be all in one area. Anyone have any comments?
During incubation the temp has not been steady, never over 101 and often below 97. Can it still hatch?

Leave it in till about day 22 i think u might be in with look i didnd hardly see any movement in mine at that time and i had 3 hatch. I would have left the last one in too just incase sometimes it seems as if nothings going on then it just happens.

thanks, all I need is a glimer of hope....I need to build a real bator, I think this one just sets me up for let-downs. But it sure is fun trying.

I just got a cheap second hand one off ebay for £35. Dond candel them for too long i wouldnt to it anymore now till it hatches i carnt be sure it will but you deffenetly have more chance it you just leave it and keep the temp right and the humidity up it should be fine.

yep, that's exactly what i did...increased humidity and from here on out no more turning....yeah.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
thanks again.
i love chicken people, everyone is sooo cool.

You don't always see movement, don't give up. Try to keep the humidity up and not disturb the egg. I considered that little incubator at first and my husband who is not crazy about this hobby talked me into a good one and I am very thankful.

Back
Top Bottom