Should I separate my little runt?

I guess I’ll just have to wait it out and see how s/he does. I just wish I could do something to ensure BonBon’s survival.

S/he’s so much smaller and just stands off by her/himself

Attachments

• 2324E911-677D-4080-AB8D-AA3F9D3524F5.jpeg
    2324E911-677D-4080-AB8D-AA3F9D3524F5.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 18
I heard this one girls chick was being bullied and pecked at, so she used bag balm, it’s ok for the other chicks to eat but chickens do not like the taste and the other chicks think it smells gross so they avoid that chick I’m not sure it will work but you could try I don’t know. She just applied to some of her feathers

S/he’s so much smaller and just stands off by her/himself
Poor Bon Bon, looks like she is not doing well. I would put a piece of hardware cloth in there separating her from the others so they cannot peck at her or trample her. That way she would still feel like she is part of the flock and not alone. Make sure you put food and water on her side.

Poor Bon Bon, looks like she is not doing well. I would put a piece of hardware cloth in there separating her from the others so they cannot peck at her or trample her. That way she would still feel like she is part of the flock and not alone. Make sure you put food and water on her side.
Unfortunately she may not make it

Bonbon has actually been doing okay. S/he’s not getting trampled as much and seems to be developing some fight. But Bonbon’s vent looks weird. It doesn’t seem prolapsed but if not, what’s up with it?

Back
Top Bottom