Should I seperate them?

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
I have two hatches in my bator and the tiny Serama is picking on the giant cochin pretty badly...he hatched early t his morning and is good on his feet now but the cochin just hatched and he is weak yet and hasn't found his feet! Should I put the Serama in a bowl or something he can't get out of in the incubator until he drys off? I'm worried he will poke at his belly and make him bleed. He tried already. I have two other pips in the bator but not large ones. The humidity is at 67 % and the temp is at 99.5

LOL I just looked now...I was going to seperate them but now they are sleeping together so I'm going to hang out over the bator and watch...if he start pecking at him again I have the bowl ready with some paper towel in it, I will put him in there until tonight...he is almost dried now but he needs a few more hours. He hatched about 5am this morning.

It gets pretty rough in the bator with the older ones picking at the younger ones but I think it just encourages the younger ones to get a move on and you know what they say about "Pay Backs".
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom