Should I tube feed my pullet who might have Coccidiosis?

Any improvement since you tube fed?

Also, I was just thinking. Even though they are young, have you wormed them lately - besides the corid? I know it's been quite wet and rainy here which can add to worm overload issues in the flock.

Any improvement since you tube fed?

Also, I was just thinking. Even though they are young, have you wormed them lately - besides the corid? I know it's been quite wet and rainy here which can add to worm overload issues in the flock.
Thank you. I really appreciate you trying to help me figure out what is wrong with my girl. It will be a miracle if she makes it through the night. As far as worming them. No, I didn't know that was a thing in chickens. I have not seen an worms in their poop. However, do you know what is good to use? I will go get it tomorrow.
Thank you

Hi!
I believe my pullet is close to death and I am trying to do everything I can think of to save her. I have been syringe feeding her water though I am not sure I am giving her enough. She has all the signs of Coccidiosis except the blood in her poo, she does have diarrhea. I am not sure the last time she ate but know it has been days.
I have tried, blueberries, yogurt, crumbles. She just sleeps all poofed up. She feels cold. I have her wrapped in a towel on my lab to keep her warm because me portable heater stopped working. Should I attempt to tube feed her? I wasn't sure if it would aggravate or make things worse in her little body. I have been putting the Corid or whatever it is in her water and forcing her to drink it, though I am not sure exactly how much I should put in a bowel because the measurements are so large. I have been doing 3ml in about a cup of water. Any help is appreciated.
Check her crop amd along intestines do you feel any blockage

Check her crop amd along intestines do you feel any blockage
No, honestly I am new to owning chickens and only after I tube fed her did even know where her crop was. So there is no blockage. It has been empty for only God knows how long. The worst part is..I cannot figure out how to help her. If she makes it through the night I am going to call a couple new vet clinics I found and see if the treat chickens. As far as intestines... how do I feel for blockage? Sorry to sound so ignorant.. but I am. Out of the chicken book I have and the magazine it only talks about common diseases. So, I am learning as I go. Thank you for your help.

No, honestly I am new to owning chickens and only after I tube fed her did even know where her crop was. So there is no blockage. It has been empty for only God knows how long. The worst part is..I cannot figure out how to help her. If she makes it through the night I am going to call a couple new vet clinics I found and see if the treat chickens. As far as intestines... how do I feel for blockage? Sorry to sound so ignorant.. but I am. Out of the chicken book I have and the magazine it only talks about common diseases. So, I am learning as I go. Thank you for your help.
If shes pooping, there's most likely no intestinal blockage. Is there any color to the diarrhea?

Dont worry this is a good that your asking the first batch of chickens youbleran alot if you just feel under her body just feel and if you feel something unnormal than you might got something let me sent a pick of chicken atonamey

Back
Top Bottom