I bought 3 lavender orphs, 1 buff orphs, and 4 leghorn chicks from a lady locally on July 30th that are quarantined and 107 chicks I bought from Ideal Poultry that are quarantined in a (larger) different area. I've had them all for 3 weeks today and really, really want to put them together, but the lady I bought the orphs and leghorns from had a LOT, LOT, LOT of birds (in too small of an area - I felt so bad for the birds) and when I went to her house there were several that were sneezing so I've been very nervous about putting them together. Do you think I should wait 45 days instead of 30 before putting all the chicks together? The birds I bought from the lady I have kept in a completely different house and area than where I keep all my other chicks/chickens. (The chicks I bought from the lady are kept in a brooder container on my grandmother's enclosed back porch, so there's a pretty slim chance of anything even being carried by the wind.) Since I was/am worried about a sickness I've been VERY, VERY careful not to expose the chicks I bought from the lady to any other chickens or animals for that matter. So far none of the chicks (from the lady or Ideal) have shown any signs of sickness, but I know that doesn't mean anything. The chicks from Ideal will be added to my "baby" coop the weekend of August 6th, unless something changes, but what about the chicks from the lady? Yes, I know, as soon as I saw and heard chickens sneezing, I should have just walked away (and maybe even called some sort of animal police), but I didn't. As soon as everyone becomes old enough, I will be calling our local "guy" and have him come out and test everyone so I can get my certification so I can sell the chicks I don't want. (The chicks I ordered from Ideal were a "surprise" lot.) Yes, I could kick myself from buying from someone that appeared she might have sick birds (although I don't know for 100% that they were sick ?), but I did it and now will just have to wait and see.