should I worm 14 week old pullets?

jeannieo

Songster
11 Years
Oct 25, 2008
Collinsville, CT
I have a question I can't find via a search. I'm sure if I had scads of free time I could find the answer but I don't so here goes! My six 12 week olds (2 plymouth rock, 2 black astrolorp, 2 silver laced wynadotte
love.gif
) live in the same coop as the other 19 who I am assuming all have worms since I saw some in blood. I have treated with Sulmet, last thursday being the last day of treatment, all of them, even the 12 week olds (which were 11 wks old when I treated). Can I assume that the 12 week olds have worms too even though they don't walk where the adults walk and give Wazine to the 12 week olds, although they will be over 14 wks old when I want to do it and I believe threehorses said to wait two weeks after sulmet. sure hope this makes sense!
fl.gif

If you have seen worms, they certainly need worming. I feel Threehorses is a great source for a good worming program. And yes, I would worm them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, I didn't know if they were too young. I actually only saw worms in blood
sickbyc.gif
from one of the adults
D.gif
. I saw one spot of blood in the pullets area but no worms. I figured the blood was cocci. so if no one thinks they are too young I will wazine 'em all! and should I wait 2 weeks after last day of sulmet?
hu.gif
(boy! I use this smilie alot as well as this one:
idunno.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom