1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Should I worm my chickens?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Goat Lover 3, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Goat Lover 3

Goat Lover 3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2013
    I have 4 pet chickens. They are just pets and for eggs, which all 4 are laying now. I have recently learned that chickens should be wormed. My chickens seem to be very healthy but I've noticed that they have pale pink (not really red colored) combs, and I am hoping that doesn't mean worms or would it be because it's winter time and it's super cold outside? I have owned them for almost a year now, and have never wormed them. Should I start worming them now and if so, what wormers should I use? Thank you!

2. murphyfarm

murphyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2016
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    For chickens you can usually pick up dewormer at Atwoods or a Tractor Supply Co. that you can sprinkle into food. I wouldn't worry about worms too much if you've never had a problem before, but it is always better to be safe than sorry!!

3. Goat Lover 3

Goat Lover 3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2013
    Ok, thank you so much! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by