Should I wrap it or leave it?!

Dalylah

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
My year old buff Orpington has a slightly swollen wing that she is holding out and is limping on the same side. I separated her and gave her vitamins but I don’t know what caused it, she hasn’t layed and is lethargic. What else do I do?

My year old buff Orpington has a slightly swollen wing that she is holding out and is limping on the same side. I separated her and gave her vitamins but I don’t know what caused it, she hasn’t layed and is lethargic. What else do I do?
Do you have photos?
Any wounds? Check her over really well.

For me, I would not wrap at this point.
Place her where you can tend to her, work on getting her hydrated.

Do you have photos?

No wounds, I did find maggots in the coop, not sure if that could have something to do with it, I’m away tonight but will be back in the morning and then I will take pictures.

Do you have photos?

She’s just laying on the eggs in the coop with her feathers puffed up now!

No wounds, I did find maggots in the coop, not sure if that could have something to do with it, I’m away tonight but will be back in the morning and then I will take pictures.

She’s just laying on the eggs in the coop with her feathers puffed up now!
I'm a bit confused.
You initially said her wing was swollen - did you mean the tissue/actual wing or is she just puffed up?
Is she broody?

I'm a bit confused.
You initially said her wing was swollen - did you mean the tissue/actual wing or is she just puffed up?
Is she broody?
It feels swollen at the corner, and she is also puffed up herself. She could be broody but she is still laying so I’m not sure.

she should see a vet or drink some medicine

I’m
I'm a bit confused.
Is she broody?
A little update, she is the same, still holding her wing out and limping, laying, but still going in the nesting box with her feathers puffed up. She is still eating, drinking, and scratching around but very little. I tried giving her water with a baby aspirin but she was not having it. I will take a video in the morning.

It sounds like she was injured somehow. Do you see any bruising or cuts on the wing, leg or body under the wing? No maggots on her or a bad odor?
You've examined her all over right?

Video would be good - upload to youtube and provide a link.

It sounds like she was injured somehow. Do you see any bruising or cuts on the wing, leg or body under the wing? No maggots on her or a bad odor?
You've examined her all over right?

Video would be good - upload to youtube and provide a link.
No maggots on her, realized they were from a broken egg under the bedding . No bad odor, I did examine her all over but every time I went to lift her wing up she started clucking. She also has normal droppings expect for one that still had the white lining but was black. Other then that they are all normal. Should I keep giving her the vitamins and electrolytes or will that not do anything.

Back
Top Bottom