Should no better than checking out this page.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by digger MN, Dec 18, 2010.

1. digger MN

digger MN Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    Well I came on here the other night just to see what was going on with hatching eggs. Guess what [ and I no some others have done it too.] I ended up putting some extra eggs that I had into the bator. I was up to 10 dozen in the frig. So I am up and running again. Well the second time for me, was going to wait untill Feb. to do it but what the heck. I just put in 18 a few min. ago. I have been getting 10 to 11 eggs a day from 11 hens, so what else could I do. I may need a 12 step program by the end of 2011. LOL I hatched out 4 in August and they are doing good so far, 2 EE and 2 Silkys. The 11 are RIRs. Well here goes.

2. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Did you incubate the eggs you had in the fridge? I've heard that you could and i've heard that you couldn't but never talked to anyone who personally had done it. Either way good luck. Chickens are so addictive![​IMG]

3. digger MN

Dec 5, 2010
    I put some in that I had sitting out for a day or two. Also I have heard the same about eggs in the refrige. So took a few out of there too. I had to see if I could do all of them and witch ones hatched.

4. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Quote:Did they hatch yet or are you still waiting?[​IMG]

5. digger MN

Dec 5, 2010
    Just put them in today about 2 min, before the first post on this.

6. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    I know for a fact that friged eggs will hatch, I do it all the time, just let them warm up to room temp. before putting them in the bator, they will last longer in the fridge also.

7. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    I hear ya....I have 2 empty bators and I am soooo temted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by