Should they go into lockdown?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TweetyNPetey, Jan 22, 2013.

1. TweetyNPetey

TweetyNPetey Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 2 Serama eggs (Well, one Serama and one Frizzled Serama...), and I candled them yesterday and it looked like they were on day 15. But I candled them again today, and I can't see a thing!!!!!! I see all black nothing, then i see a small space, the air cell, which is sideways... [​IMG] Then i can JUST see a small space above the air cells, where I can see a beak and toes!
    Should they go into lockdown? It seems early, but i have a feeling they could hatch within 4 days. I might put them into lockdown today. I can get you sonr candling pics right now if you want. [​IMG]

Both are developing fine! They are real "wigglers!"

2. TweetyNPetey

Anyone?

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    If it looks like they are ready to hatch put them in lockdown. From my experience bantam eggs hatch earlier than standard size eggs. I guess there's less to them, so they complete the development process sooner. Good luck with your hatch!

4. TweetyNPetey

Okay, but are you sure? I mean, I don't want to put them into lockdown too early. They have only been in the bator for 15 days. But on the other hand, they do look fully developed... Okay. I will put them in lockdown right now.

5. TweetyNPetey

Okay! The eggs are in lockdown!!! I hope they hatch okay! If not, I can always look at the BYC Step-by-step guide to ASSISTED hatching.

6. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Good luck and keep us posted.

7. TweetyNPetey

I will! The eggs started rocking! YAY!!!!!!!! They should pip soon!!!

8. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Yay! [​IMG]

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by