Should they have feathered feet?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crazy chook, Jun 5, 2010.

1. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    So mum is a pekin and dad a ?? should the chicks have feathered feet?
    Same with silkie mum and ??Dad - The feet should be feathered right?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Any idea what breed these roosters are?

2. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    OK, so I'd say yes to feathered feet on chickies coming out of each pair. The first dad...I have no clue, but the second dad looks like a frizzled. Soooooo cute. But dad #1 is so handsome. You will have some SERIOUSLY cute babies on your hands. Are they all your birds? Are you hatching out some eggs? If you are hatching out the eggs, I would love to get 5 day olds. Especially from the Frizzled mixes.

3. pwand

pwand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
    The first rooster is a buff couchin. I had one just like him, he was georgeous. He the one in my little picture. The grey one I would say is a silky. Not sure about the rest.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  4. crazy chook

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    Yes, I am hatching some eggs. [​IMG] the little silkie went broody so I let her sit on some eggs. They all hatched yesterday and this morning. 7 or 8 little babies and they are just soo cute.

[​IMG]

They are a mix of the sets of chickens above and also I have another black and another white chook in with the frizzle rooster so added some of their eggs too. I think 8 eggs all up.

There are some great black/white speckled chicks too that i have yet to take a photo of.

5. crazy chook

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    yes the first photo is the pekin (cochin) hen the second pic is Rory the rooster, third pick is Silkie the silkie hen and forth pic is Roofus my frizzle rooster.

Cheers

6. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    OMG! Those babies are just precious! Little fuzzies! [​IMG] So will you be selling any of those cuties are you going to hog them all? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by