Should We Get This Cat a Rabies Vaccine?

SKG1121

Songster
Mar 4, 2012
GA
there is a cat that has lived outside on my block ever since its owner moved away. It is sort of a communnity cat, I feed it and another house may put out some food as well. So today there is a rabies shot clinic at some vet and I was wondering if we should take her? I'm assuming the original owner probably had her vaccinated, but she might not have considering she wasn't responsible enough to take the cat with her. Is it harmful to get a second, or does the shot need to updated anyway? Also, will the people at the clinic be able to tell if she's already had one?

there is a cat that has lived outside on my block ever since its owner moved away. It is sort of a communnity cat, I feed it and another house may put out some food as well. So today there is a rabies shot clinic at some vet and I was wondering if we should take her? I'm assuming the original owner probably had her vaccinated, but she might not have considering she wasn't responsible enough to take the cat with her. Is it harmful to get a second, or does the shot need to updated anyway? Also, will the people at the clinic be able to tell if she's already had one?
awww thats so sweet of you to think of this poor kitty who has been abandoned....yet I would take her and ask a vets opinion
love.gif

It won't hurt to have a second one. There is no way to tell if the cat had one before just by looking at it. I would recommend having it vaccinated. Rabies is every where. Its better safe than sorry.

okay, thanks! :) we were going anyway to have our kitten (another rescue) vaccinated anyway. The hardest part about this is going to be finding her, she wanders all over the place!

Back
Top Bottom