Shouldn’t she be laying?!?

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
All my chickens are 6 1/2 months (besides 3) and are not laying eggs. I have a large place for them to lay eggs, a nice sized area for them all to roam and still no eggs. I have 2 Wyandotte’s, 2 pure ameraucanas girls, 2 Orpingtons, a Leghorn, a welsummer, a olive egger, a deleware, and a sapphire gem that should be laying soon. My cuckoo maran has looked like this for about 3 or 4 weeks and squats whenever I get near her.
078E4640-8177-4481-A4AD-FD50C746ED14.jpeg

My Wyandotte’s both look like this and 90% of the flock has been squatting. They are in an area that they cannot hide the eggs and I have put an egg that we got from the grocery store in the coop to see if they would eat it and they did not. I give them calcium and do a mix of chick food and layer feed.
image.jpg

Sapphire Gem:
image.jpg

are they eating them?

also the reason she squats when you go near her is like how a chicken squats when a rooster goes to her to be mounted. She just says yes you are in charge.

are they eating them?

also the reason she squats when you go near her is like how a chicken squats when a rooster goes to her to be mounted. She just says yes you are in charge.
Yes I know that, but it means she is mature. That’s why I’m saying that. I put an egg in there for a couple days to see if they were eating it and they didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom