Shouldn't my chicken be bigger?

SuperLuke

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
My chicken is estimated 7
months old shouldnt she be bigger?

that is a d'Uccle. hens are expected to be 22 oz at full size and roos 26 oz. those are not large birds. to make matters worse they are slow to mature. if she has plenty of food i would say dont worry about it. but you may want to keep an eye out for chicken harrassment since she is too small to defend herself from a full sized chicken.

very pretty bird i knew what it was because i wanted one but dont want to mix in bannies or get any that are not heat and cold hardy as our temps range from 0 - 105. they do poorly in heat.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Your chicken is a Mille Fleur D'Uccle, which is one of the bantam varieties. Your bird is normal sized for a bantam, which are smaller than standard sized chickens. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any other chickens?

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
That's a really pretty D'Uccle. Do you have other chickens besides her? Nice to have you join!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Your chicken is a Mille Fleur D'Uccle, which is one of the bantam varieties. Your bird is normal sized for a bantam, which are smaller than standard sized chickens. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any other chickens?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Gorgeous bird! I think she is fine. Some birds are smaller than others even within the same breed and group of birds. Make sure she is getting enough to eat and not being bullied away from the food. Not eating enough can cause them to grow slower or become stunted. Add more food and water stations if you have to. I do this for my lower order birds so everybody eats and drinks.

Back
Top Bottom