1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shouldn't the eggs be rocking a chirping by now?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MakNat, Jan 8, 2010.

1. MakNat

MakNat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Ky
    In 2 hrs it will officially be the start of day 21. I'm driving myself crazy. They all looked good on day 18. I thought there would be something going on by now. DAren't the eggs usually moving around and the chicks chirping by now?? I just stand there and stare at them... and Nothing..... It takes all I got not to open the ting... I WON'T but I'm nervous and worried so bad that I can't stand it...

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:STEP AWAY FROM THAT BATOR!!!!! patience. I wouldnt start to worry until a day or two after the hatch date...

3. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    My standard size chicks that I hatched out never chirped or moved at all until they started coming out. The cochin bantams on the other hand, wiggled and chirped a lot!

4. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    Yep -- the one egg I had out of 34 that wiggled has not started to pip the shell and 6 others that weren't moving or cheeping have all hatched already -- and it's still a day early. Two more are pipped.

5. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I would wait.. I am impatient too if I have to wait, so do you [​IMG] I kept thinking I heard mine peep last night but then realized it was dh snoring, whistling through his nose on the exhale LOL!! He has a cold.

6. MakNat

MakNat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Ky
    I keep thinking I hear and see them, my mind is playing with me.. My DH is trying to get me to ride into town with him... I guess I should! I just hope everything is ok in there....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by