Show animals

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gaited horse, Nov 27, 2009.

1. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    What kind of animals do you show and how long have you been showing for. Pics are great so add those if you have any.
    I show dogs pigs horses and guinea pigs and I help my friend carry rabbits to the table.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    I have raised and shown cavies for the last 20 years on and off I started when I was little in 4-H. Currently I show Texels (last 5 years) which are a long curly coated breed as well as Peruvians another long haired breed. I was super excited to be able to attend the ARBA Convention this year and also so proud to get Best Of breed Texel.

This guy is the Best of breed Texel for the Open 2009 ARBA Convention, he is now happily retired from show and has 3 girlfriends. Here is Bo:
    [​IMG]

I have also been dabbling in Texels in Himalayan here is a sow I just got she came all the way from IN, im very excited, she is going to have babies soon. Her name is Kodiak
    [​IMG]

Here is a litter born not too long ago, I kept both babies, I just love them! The little girl, the one with a white blaze is named Fireflies. I haven't named brother yet.
    [​IMG]

and I mentioned Peruvians I only have 4 but this guy is by far my favorite he is a big sweetie, this is Van Gogh
    [​IMG]

3. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Those are two of my favorite three breeds. What do you use to transport them to and from shows?

4. cutiepieacres

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    transport cages from KW cages, I guess it would be partially because im only half hour from KW but I don't know what else I would use if I wasn't??

5. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Lucky you live that close. I am 1/2 a day away. I was going to order some stuff today but I didn't have the money and today was free shipping. Are American satins a rare breed?

6. RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

RachelFromTheBlackLagoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Wallingford, CT
    WOW! Those are beautiful piggies!

7. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
  8. chris_m90731

chris_m90731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    learn something new everyday...
    "show guinea pigs"
    [​IMG]

9. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Wait til you see cavy races.

10. cutiepieacres

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    Quote:Gorgeous cream Satin, I LOVE Satins. Something else I would take on if I had more cage space to devote to a breed. Im not sure I have seen one in cream before, I really like that color!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by