1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

show bird for daughters project in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by bethinoklahoma, Aug 30, 2012.

1. bethinoklahoma

bethinoklahoma Songster

Dec 18, 2008
    JONES, OK
    My daughter has put in alot of time with her poultry project and is now at an age where
    she really wants to show and have a chance to win. She has done great with what we have
    here but she is in need of a slight upgrade and I am not sure where to start.
    She LOVES her Serama roo, silkie flock the most. Layers are always with us with a few rooster
    mixed in for fun. As you can tell we are not looking for just another chicken. Will drive to pick up
    or we are open to shipping.
    Please IM me with your thoughts or pics.. :)
    Thanks
    Our little Serama Rooster is very nice but very young and daughter would like to stay with this breed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  2. japbantams2011

japbantams2011 Songster

Apr 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    Japanese bantams are nice birds that are docile and easy to show.

3. woodsedge

woodsedge Chirping

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    PM SENT :)

4. bethinoklahoma

bethinoklahoma Songster

Dec 18, 2008
    JONES, OK
    Thank you...
    Still looking :)

5. lamelde

lamelde In the Brooder

Jul 3, 2009
    Sparta, WI
    I would highly suggest Favorelles (I currently have Salmon) - but - since I'm a very small (just gettting started breeder) I already have "backorders" for them.

They are a beautiful docile bantom breed which are also listed on the (ALBC) American Livestock Breeds Conservancy - as a "threatened" species (check it out here - http://www.albc-usa.org/cpl/wtchlist.html#chickens) - on the plus side (A) you would be doing a great service toward the preservation of a fantastic breed of chicken - and (B) because they are still "rare" she wouldn't have too much competition in their breed category...leading to a possible win!!!

Can you tell (they are my ABSOLUTE favorite)?

6. hen101

hen101 Chirping

Oct 27, 2012
    Washington,Pa
    so cute love them love them love them[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: