Show cages

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by emvickrey, Jul 11, 2011.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Could somebody post pics of show cages? This will be my first time going. I was told I need a show cage for each bird I enter. I'm entering a few silkies of mine.

Thanks for your help.

2. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I can't post pics from my phone but Google poultry show cages and you will get Keipper? Cooping Company.

3. snowbird

snowbird Overrun With Chickens

May 28, 2010
    Wolverine Country
    Quote:I would check with show management and see if that is correct. All the open shows I have ever been to had cages setup for the show. Just pay and entry fee. If this is a small fair have no idea.

4. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    It will be at a county fair. I was told we would need show cages. They do have a poultry show every year at this place. I'll google what was recommended and i'll also give a call to the number on the entry form to get more details.

Thanks

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Most places like that will let you use metal pet carriers. See if that is an option. They are much easier to borrow.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Game bird shows typically bring their own cages; regular APA/ABA type shows typically supply them. That said, a very small show or one put on by a new club may not have cages available, and might need to ask for help in supplying them.

7. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I had no luck with googleing it. I just got one link from another that just led to other links.

8. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by