Show Chicks - any breeders near Madison, WI?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bantyhen'sfriend, Dec 27, 2009.

1. bantyhen'sfriend

bantyhen'sfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Southern Wisconsin
    I'm beginning my search for this year's show birds for 4-H. I need a pair of standard birds and a pair of bantams. I love Plymouth Rocks in both bantam and standard sizes, in pretty much any color; right now I have a White Rock bantam hen I just adore. She's the sweetest, even sweeter than our cochin was. I also like Australorps. I do enjoy OEGB and Cochin bantams in any color as well. I might consider breeding these birds as well, and would prefer White Rock bantams as I already have a breeding quality bird.

Unfortunately, the birds must be hatched on or after Jan. 1st of 2010. Any breeders out there near Madison WI, or would consider shipping? We would consider meeting halfway if the distance is short enough (2 hours one way).

2. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
  3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    check the cheesehead thread in the social department. There are lots of people in Wisconsin that have quality birds. Hangin Wit My Peeps has some black and blue cochin bantams and some silkies and Mille Fleurs D Uccles

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by