Show Leg Bands

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by quenston, Dec 1, 2009.

1. quenston

quenston Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Wyandotte Ok
    I registered for a show here in Oklahoma and when I registered I had not received my leg bands and put bands 1-7on my registration and when I received my leg bands they didnt send me what I ordered I ordered 1-50 and they sent 25-75 so my question is, is there any way to take off the first number or could I just scratch it off?? This is my kids first show and they can not get my bands delivered before the show. Any help would be greatly apprectiated!!!

2. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    In all the shows we have attended. Not one has ever wanted to see leg bands. Though all birds that we show have the state bands showing that they have been tested for AI/PT. So you should be ok. The only thing that they check for is the state health papers showing that the birds have been tested within the time required. If you need any exact info you should contact the show secretary. They can give you any help you need. Hope this helps.

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    There is no requirement that birds be fitted with numbered leg bands in order to be shown. Numbered leg bands provide information for the breeder/exhibitor eg: a way to record placings, knowing what mating a bird came from. The bands you have will do that just fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by