SHow me pic of your greenhouse *pretty please*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by annie3001, Jan 4, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    hello.
    the last few years we have been growing our own veggies. last year, i got lazy and only grew green beans.[​IMG] this year is going to be different!![​IMG] i want to plant more etc.etc.etc.
    I have one of those mini greenhouses that i start my veggies in the house first, then move outside.
    I have been looking at maybe purchasing a greenhouse. :droolnot too expensive tho. last year we had a wild rabbit invade our garden, mostly eating herbs, so this year we are planning on fencing off the garden.[​IMG] i have seen (driving by peoples houses) people having these like white dome thingys where their garden is. is this for just cold weather?[​IMG] any input is helpful and thanks in advance.[​IMG] If you have any pictures of your veggie greenhouses, that would be awesome too!!![​IMG]

thanks again!

andrea-

2. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I wanna see too! Gardening is my primary obsession. [​IMG]

3. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I want to see too!

I downloaded a bunch of PVC plans last year, but never had time to build. Mom has a table I would love to use and I think I have the perfect spot for it. Now to find the time to build one.

But I found OSH had a good section of angles for fittings and I plan on using plastic over that.

We are in SoCal so snow loads and tornadoes are not issues.

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    okay !!! i know folks!! perhaps its too early...most byc'ers are on at night!! will have to keep this thread going till we get some pics!! ha ha ha [​IMG]

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG]

really? no one has a greenhouse picture for some ideas here? okay I'll have to search on another website. [​IMG]

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    [​IMG]

Twelve feet wide, twenty feet long. Bows are made of one inch PVC, five mill builders plastic, 2x6s for the base, and 1x4s for the doors and end braces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not insulated so I don't recommend it for the northern half of the country.

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    home made...really nice. [​IMG]
    thats the exact dome i was talking about!! [​IMG]
    i am thinking about building it, might be cheaper in the long run. thank you for sharing your pictures! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by