Show me pictures of your chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenShower, Dec 16, 2015.

1. ChickenShower

ChickenShower New Egg

Dec 15, 2015
    Baxter,Iowa
    i really love chickens and i am doing a school project on showing chickens so i was wondering how different ways of showing chickens look like i would also appreciate it if you gave me advice on other breeds to get cause right now i have Red Star and wanting other breeds too so thx plz show me your pictures

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Pending other replies you may wish to visit the breeds section of byc - lots of photos of many different breeds there.

All the best
    Ct

3. silkiefluff

silkiefluff Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    NS, Canada
    Getting the APA Standard of Perfection book would help you out a lot to see what the breeds should look like. And if you can find breeders around you to see the breeds you want to start showing, it really helps to see what they look like in person (in bird? :p ).

4. ChickenShower

ChickenShower New Egg

Dec 15, 2015
    Baxter,Iowa
    i just went to a Iowan chicken mini show/learning about chickens
    i bought 2 Jersey Giant chicks they are gonna be my best ones or at least i hope
    the person who brought them to the mini show to sell wasn't sure if they were female or male so its a guess i will show them as hens or as roosters which they live in my basement till my father builds a coop for them or my older chickens all die
    pray for me that they are hens and just wish me luck at my county fair i will keep an eye on here so yeah
    [​IMG]
    and just call me Dove on here

Sincerely,
    Dove

5. Silkie2

Silkie2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2016
    New England
    Do you still want photos?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by