show me your 16-20 sq foot coops?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dftkarin, Aug 13, 2008.

1. dftkarin

dftkarin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    I've poured through all the galleries of coops everywhere I can find online and my ideas for my 4 bird city coop keep changing as I read these boards and learn more and more. If you have a coop between the sizes of 16-24 square feet that is up on stilts over a run (or part of a run), could I see pictures of it? So issues I'm eager to see are:

windows, ventilation, moveability, how the inside is configured, protection from predators, etc.

Thank you for all the help so far and for any replies to this post!

2. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Me too...

I am finding great images of coop after coop -- each time I'm thinking I've finally found the one I want to build.

My likes all have a similar design/shape though, so I think I'm on the right track.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  3. eggonomist

eggonomist Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2007
    Singhampton, Ont, Canada
    90% complete when the picture was taken (now 98% done) and hoping to be finished very soon, it's approx 4ft x 4ft the run is quite a bit bigger. I did post pictures if before I moved ti to where I want it. i have the luxary of a skid steer so I can just pick it up and move it at will.
    [​IMG]

4. sfcityfarmer

sfcityfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2008
    I just posted pics of my 4 chicken coop here.

5. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    My coop is 24 square feet but, and raised up doesn't have the run under it and isn't moveable, but I thought I'd still show you so maybe you can get ideas for the other stuff.

(also if you plan on using deep litter method a word of the wise is to plan that into the design, I wish I would have.)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=9429-City_Garage_Coo

6. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
  7. dftkarin

dftkarin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Wonderful pictures and designs! Thank you for sharing these with me!

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Here is mine. For more information on how I built it, look at my website.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by