Show me your 2 week old cross beaks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by justmeandtheflock, Oct 8, 2009.

1. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    One of the silkie chicks that I hatched has developed a cross beak. I just notices it yesterday at 11 days old. It seems pretty minor to me and it is the bigger of the 2 by far so it is eating just fine at this point. Just curious to see what others looked like at 2 weeks and how bad they became as the chick grew. Here are some pics of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    I don't think I can help, but, if you do a search for cross-beak, I think there are a lot of chickens that have lived comfortably with it.

3. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Thanks for the reply [​IMG] I have searched and looked at pics but they all look so much worse than this chick. I am wondering how bad I can expect it to get. I do notice it getting slightly worse each day. Hoping it won't get as bad as the pics I've seen. I am also hoping that it is a she so that she can at least be a broody for me, if it's a roo I am going to have to rehome. I had a dream last night that the tiny little peep was crowing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by