Show me your "bad" shipped eggs, that hatched...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lswatson111304, Nov 30, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    I am on day 6 right now with my first shipped eggs. The majority of them had detached, or even busted air cells. I set them anyway upright in an egg carton and candled and out of the 14 I received, 10 of them have growth in them. I'm cautiously hopeful that these babies might make it to hatch day.

I also should say that I'm super excited that their growth is RIGHT where it should be. My last hatch was my first attempt and my temps were way off and they didn't grow at the rate they should have (9 hatched, and we have lost 3 since hatching), so I'm excited to see that I'm doing something right!

Anyway, if you have had "bad" eggs arrive after shipping and went on to a successful hatch, then I'd love to see pics of your babies, then, now, whatever! Give me hope!!

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i dont have a pic but only had one shipped egg outta 60-no joke hatch. and it was a cracked egg to. ive hatched many of my own eggs and thought id give shipped eggs a try to get more of a variety. llots of the eggs formed and made it to lockdown but failed to hatch. i opend them up and lots were deformed like had crooked beaks or lots faild to absorb there yolk. my only egg that hatched was actully cracked when it arrived but i put it in anyway. i prob will never do shipped eggs again unless there coming from somewhwere closer to where i live. BUT!! many many people have succesful hatches from shipped eggs. urs sound like there doing good so far soo i thinkthey will hatch!!

3. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    OH man! Well, I can still hold onto hope until they do or don't hatch. I'd rather them not hatch than hatch with issues!
    I wish I could find someone local with the kind I want!

4. stephanie1992

Quote:what kind r u looking for??

5. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    Buff Silkies

6. stephanie1992

Quote:hopfully u find someone who will send u some.

7. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I'm hatching silkie eggs out of the 18 I started with only 5 made it to lock down. All the air cell's were BADDDD.
    [​IMG][​IMG]\\[​IMG]
    The other two don't have uploaded. One is pipped and zipping, rather slowly. I have them in a different hatcher, then my own D'Uccle's eggs which are popping like popcorn. The shipped eggs, I have a tendency to want to help, if needed, or if not needed, and that just started, I never helped before. My own eggs I don't even worry about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by