Show me your chicken tractors please

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by NicInNC, Feb 28, 2009.

1. NicInNC

NicInNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    North Carolina
    I'm wanting to make a simple to build chicken tractor that I can easily move. We're going to be building the Garden Coop:
    http://www.thegardencoop.com/index.html

But, I still want something simple to drag around different areas of the yard. I like the A-frame ones, but would like to see what other kinds some of you may have.

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Very nice! I have a tractor that is a converted rabbit hutch. I also use it as a brooder and a jail. There are pictures on my BYC Page.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
  4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I am building a Banty Tractor right now. Go to search (or I just updated with pics today, may be one 1st or 2nd page, and you can see it taking shape. It is 8x3, with the coop part being 4x3. It's big enought for I think 4-6 bantams. I love the tractor idea. Works great when you rent [​IMG]

You could easily make the look of mine into something that is 12x6 or what ever to fit a lot of standards, but you may want to add wheels. Mine is make of 2x2's and is light enough to move, but I have light weight corrugated roof, wire floor and thinner plywood (not osb then plywood)

5. silkienewbiegurl

silkienewbiegurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
  6. falcon6484

falcon6484 New Egg

May 17, 2011
    I added rotating trailer jack wheels to make mine easier to use. They are $18 at Northern Tool.

[​IMG]

7. florida lee

florida lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Morriston,fl
    This is my low boy day tractor.....daytime use only,,,no nesting boxes, open floor.....
    [​IMG]

This is tractor my chicks are in now....
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by