Show me your coop runs!

DSC_0635.JPG

Costed under $150, I think we got it through Walmart maybe I don't remember. I would keep my eyes open on craigslist and maybe consider building your own if you can. Don't blame you if you don't want to though I am not handy at all.

IMG_5924.JPG
View attachment 1275035
Costed under $150, I think we got it through Walmart maybe I don't remember. I would keep my eyes open on craigslist and maybe consider building your own if you can. Don't blame you if you don't want to though I am not handy at all.

Here's a pic of our coop. The run I had planned for isn't going to be cheap , so looking to see what others have done for the run that maybe won't cost too much

View attachment 1275115
We just extended (now 10’ x20’) & added a roof. Once the ground thaws a bit, we’ll finish the edging & mulching. Our girls free range when weather permits, but I got sick of scooping snow out of the run just to get them to go outside! Now today we got ice. I’m ready for summer :barnie

I LOVE your run and coop!!!
How much do you think you spent on the run part?

I LOVE your run and coop!!!
How much do you think you spent on the run part?
Thank you!
Well...we’re not handy...like AT ALL...so we paid to have it done. But we figured they probably have around $400 or so in materials? And I paid for & installed the hardware cloth apron for about $50. So not cheap, but sturdy (we get a lot of wind), safe and hopefully effective when they don’t get to free range.

Made with $99 metal pole carport (top cover not used because of heavy snow load here), with two $25 rolls of 6x50', 2" chicken wire sides & top (least expensive size & the snow falls thru easier than 1" before it starts to load up). Total $200. The metal door, lock, hinges, & wood, we already had.

Hot wire around to keep the large land & sky predators out in this forested property. Chicken door up high to keep any possible small critters out. Wood lattice just to keep our boxers (when we open their gate) out of the area that I plant swiss chard for the chickens. Have fun with your project. Best Wishes.

2018 coop run.jpg

Back
Top Bottom