Show me your diapered chickens!:)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by artsyrobin, Nov 7, 2010.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    I will be getting my banty cochin a diaper and thought it would be fun to see the variety of diapers out there...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also, if anyone has a house guinea, will they tolerate a diaper?

2. firedancer57

firedancer57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Lurking in the corner
    Hi,
    We have a house-chick, "Z" she is an 8 m/o spoiled rotten fid (feathered kid) if I ever saww one. She's of questional heritage, Barred Rock and whatever hard-headed, Queen Kong attitude chicken there is out there. She's loving when she wants to be or when there grapes involved..[​IMG] Right now she and Barron (Rot/cross) are playing tag up and down the hallway, she's IT ![​IMG] I do love my house-chick.
    We attempted to train her to use a litter box, but after all the litter was "Dust bathed" across the floor, I decided to make her diapers. Did a search, found two types of patterns and a very helpful video one you-tube. Made the diapers in fashionable fabrics ; Black for evening, Flames for outside(sewn with a loop for the lead) and a colourful tiedyed ensom for everyday. My Dh thinks I'm crazy![​IMG]
    She does well with them.
    Thanks for listening,
    Ann

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I'm subscribing!
    robin, I know someone of the Guineafowl thread has a house guinea. I'm not sure it he is diaper trained or not though?

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'm going to keep tabs on this thread. I've always considered looking for patterns/how to's on making diapers for chickens, because I know it sounds crazy to some people, but if I had a chicken who just needs to be in the house for a while, I'm not hesitating to allow it. Last time I used newspapers, this time I want to make things easier. )

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    knowing her personality she should be ok with it- she seems to have a chronic respiration issue- i didn't raise her so i don't know her history- so she will be in the house at least till spring, The guinea- well, that will be an adventure if possible at all![​IMG]

6. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    well.... i got a beautiful little diaper from a bycer- lovemychix, she always does beautiful pieces- but.... she isn't too happy about it- and actually managed to back right out of it...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Im thinking of getting a diaper for my hens. One at a time though. That could be a disaster...

8. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Ummmmmm..... Probably a stupid question, but how would a diapered hen lay an egg? [​IMG]

9. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    i was asking hubby that too....maybe only have them diapered when you know their laying schedule??[​IMG]

10. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    My Chickpea has graduated to the outside sans diaper, but she makes sure to let the whole neighborhood know when she about to lay. She sings for about ten minutes beforehand, and if she were still inside I'd surely know when she's about to do the deed and let her our of it...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by