Show me your food/water/grit/shell set up!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by EsqChick, Mar 15, 2018.

1. EsqChick

EsqChick Songster

Feb 8, 2018
    Oakland, CA
    My girls (4 of them) are 5 weeks and will be going into their coop in 1-2 weeks most likely. I have seen soooo many ideas for feeders/waterers and I’m confused. Can I see some of your setups? Pros and cons? If your set up was DIY - links for tutorials you used? Thanks!

2. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    I ferment from day one, so must use plastic. When they're chicks I use the red chick dish minus the qt jar. Then they graduate to the trough style chick feeder minus that I have secured (for height) to a 2x4. When they're grown, a square molded plastic dog dish.

I use Horizontal Water Nipples for their waterers, no dirty water nor spilled water nor wet bedding. Nipples on plastic containers ...

3. CCUK

CCUK Free Flying

Jan 21, 2018
    North Notts, UK
    My Coop
    I just use plastic drinkers raised on bricks and hanging plastic feeders. They are easy to clean. They have fresh water everyday. The grit feeders are metal ones on the side of the coop. They also have a dish for grit. Not all my hens will eat out the wall mounted one.
    DSC_0518.JPG DSC_0377.JPG DSC_0381.JPG

Bamboost likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: