Show Me Your Nest Boxes!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by iamcuriositycat, Dec 14, 2012.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    How to play:

1. Post pics of your nest boxes
    2. All nest boxes welcome! Traditional, unusual, make-shift, upcycled, recycled, chosen-by-the-chickens, whatever you got!
    3. Post instructions if you have any (totally optional)

I'm getting new hens in Spring and looking for winter projects. Plenty of scrap wood around here, plenty of recycled scrap materials, plenty of creativity and plenty of energy. Just looking for inspiration!

Bring 'em on! :D

2. mollycat79

mollycat79 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2012
    Hubby made a tray which I've put on a little square table with a crate on its side . Both have hay. [​IMG]

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Cool! Is it subdivided below, or just one long nestbox? Do they use it reliably?

I love your perch, and the look of the whole thing, by the way. Very artsy! :D

1 person likes this.
  4. mollycat79

mollycat79 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2012
    It was initially subdivided into 4 but have since left it as 2. Might find something I can cover them with. There's a crate on its side underneath.[​IMG]

5. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    [​IMG]

Traditional attached box. If' I remember right the pass through is 9X10. The full dimension of box was 12" high at end sloping up with depth of 13" and length of 30".

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by