1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

show me your pics

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by johnny_smith09, Apr 14, 2007.

1. johnny_smith09

johnny_smith09 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2007
    Norfork, AR
    i enjoy seeing everyone's flock. I need to see more! [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sure, here you go. This is my adult flock, not counting the 13 chicks that are going on 11 weeks old now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. johnny_smith09

Apr 14, 2007
    Norfork, AR
    thank you i love them!

4. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    okey dokey, here is most of them. Just one bantam and the buff orphington are missing from this photo.

[​IMG]

One more of Jack and his harem of bantams. I have not seen him try to mate with them since he was very young. I believe they are just way to fast for him now. They are quick little buggers for sure.

[​IMG]

And here is one of Buffy, and some of the bantams in the background.

[​IMG]

I should get some more soon. And keep on the look out for the next installment of my therapy session with Jack. We should be filming tonight.

5. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Cool pics. I love those Mille Fleurs. I plan on getting some to add to my flock of cochin and brahma bantams. What are their temperaments like?

6. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Speckledhen, what breed of chickens are those three identical hens sitting on the stairs next to one another? They are very pretty. Sometimes I wish I had several of each kind. If only I had that kind of space!

7. johnny_smith09

Apr 14, 2007
    Norfork, AR
    thank you everyone i really enjoy these pics! yeah are mille fleur (sp lol) good chickens they look interesting! oh and the speckled hens are silver laced wyandottes scott btw.

8. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

I think everyone names their Buffs "Buffy"! I did, too![​IMG]

9. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Quote:I think they are comical. They follow Jack around like he is the king of the world. To me, they are the comedians of the flock. I don't know if all bantams are that way or what. They are a little flighty though but settle nicely when handled.

I have one that is very broody right now. She is driving me crazy, being a noisy little thing right now. She and Buffy were trying to share a nest, but the eggs kept ending up on the ground. So tonight I separated them and the bantam is going crazy. I put her in with Buffy and she just started pecking poor Buffy on the head, so I took out the bantam and put her in with the rest of the flock. We will see what tomorrow brings for her.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  10. Juliechickens

Juliechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Oh I love them all! Beautiful! That picture of them sitting on the steps is precious! Funny how they sit by the birds of the same color,,,,well as they say,,,birds of a feather,,,flock together,,,oh gosh I kill myself sometimes![​IMG]
    They are all great looking chickens!
    Cheers, Julie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by