Show me your playhouse coops!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LaynaDon95, Dec 11, 2012.

1. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    My grandmother (mom's side) has a really old Little Tykes plastic playhouse that never gets used. She's had it for as long as I can remember, but it got a little damaged (here meaning melted) when her storage building caught fire quite a few years ago. No one has used it since. It's not horrible or anything. Nothing a little chicken wire can't fix. ;) So, I asked her if I could have it, since it wasn't being used. She said I could absolutely have it, so I'm going to try to persuade my dad to take the trailer down there on Christmas so we can haul it down. Anyways, it looks exactly like this:

[​IMG]

just more... melted.

I have a really old hen. (actually I got her recently from my grandfather on my dad's side. I'm inheriting things left and right! lol) She's about 10 years old, and I plan to keep her separate from my roosters because I'm afraid it may be too stressful for her old bones. I want to make a coop out of the playhouse for her and a friend or 2. What do your playhouse coops look like? What suggestions do you have? Any pictures would be MUCH appreciated.

2. I have a playhouse coop but my parents built it so it made of wood and its alot bigger but I think u shoul just lay alot of straw on the ground and put a little roost in there cover up the windows and she will be fine
    (I think I'm just guessing here [​IMG])

3. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    MY WIFE BUILT ONE JUST LIKE THIS.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by