Show Me Your Roosters That Don't Crow!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PoultryQueen29, Nov 14, 2011.

1. PoultryQueen29

PoultryQueen29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Anyone have a rooster that doesnt crow? I'm curious as to how uncommon it is. If you have one, please post the breed/mix. [​IMG]

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Do I hear crickets chirping? [​IMG]

3. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    This is a horrible picture of him because it was right after he got into a fight with another roo but this is my Silkied Frizzle Serama roo, Jesse, do DOESNT crow lol

[​IMG]

4. PoultryQueen29

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Awww he's still adorable! I love frizzled chickens [​IMG]

I really want a rooster but no crowing in my neighborhood. So unless I find a rooster for sale that doesnt crow a rooster is out of the picture [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Unless something is physically wrong with a rooster, he crows. May be a bad crow, but he will crow. There is no non-crowing breed of rooster, certainly.

6. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Well besides an overgrown comb and being mean as a snake.. theres nothing wrong with Jesse and he doesnt crow... ever... not a good crow, bad crow, low crow, high crow.. he has no crow!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  7. PoultryQueen29

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    The person who runs the hatchery I go to says some of his mutts dont crow because they are mixed so much.

Tell Jesse I said to be nice or it's into the stew pot! Dont worry Jesse your too cute for the stew pot [​IMG]

8. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    I have heard of some people working with serama breeding 'squeakers'. I understand theyre crow is more of a squeak or a raspy crow, much quieter then a normal rooster from what I hear. Plus Seramas crows are a lower volume to that of a normal rooster anyways.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:Well besides an overgrown comb and being mean as a snake.. theres nothing wrong with Jesse and he doesnt crow... ever... not a good crow, bad crow, low crow, high crow.. he has no crow!

I wasn't arguing with you, just answering the OP's question. [​IMG]

10. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg

I wasn't arguing with you, just answering the OP's question. [​IMG]

Not saying you were. but you said unless theres something wrong with the roo and besides being ugly theres nothing wrong with Jesse.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by