show me your skills! gender and breed!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lilmama, Jul 26, 2011.

1. lilmama

lilmama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    [​IMG]

I think two are barred rocks, one male and one female. One has a smaller white dot on head and black stripes on legs....female?

One is black with some brownish "gloss" on wings. White spot on underside. Have no idea what this one is.

2 brown ones are araucanas, right? Or all three? One has no "fuzz" in between wings, wings are bigger and closer together and has a tail. The other brown ones are tail-less and have, as you can see, fuzzy backs with smaller wings. All hatched under mama from fertile eggs someone gave me and had no idea what the breeds were.

I have to get rid of the roos ASAP due to living in a nighborhood. Can you tell me how old they should be before I can consider giving them away? Mama is still very protective. Will she always be?

[​IMG]

p.s. some of them have darker beaks than others. is this a hint about gender? AND, some combs look a little more yellow than others.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    Sorry, I can't help, but cute chicks!
    If you don't get any responses you might want to edit your title and ask for help identifying them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by